Surf One Pakala III Review
Surf One decks are specifically designed to withstand the life of a skateboarder, regardless of the boarding style, and the Pakala III Complete Skateboard – the new addition to the Surf One line up – is no exception. The Surf One Pakala III is built with high-quality materials and solid constructions, showcased in a wonderful California surf style with 43.75 by 9.25-inch, seven-ply hard rock maple pressed in Santa Barbara. Clear grip tape shows off the deck’s simple top and bottom wood grain graphic and the KXL concave is mellow with a slight kick in the nose. The Pakala III as a complete assembly features Randal R-II 180-millimeter trucks for quick and stable carving, high-performance Bones Reds bearings, and Surf One Five Star 70-millimeter, 78a all terrain ATF Formula wheels.
- Pakala III complete longboard with seven-ply hard rock maple deck pressed in Santa Barbara
- KXL kick tail longboard mold with mellow concave and slight kick in nose
- Surf One Five Star 70-millimeter, 78a wheels
- Randal R-II 180-millimeter trucks; high-performance Bones Reds bearings
- Warranty against de-lamination and/or defects for the board’s usable life
- Shape: 89 inch
- Concave: KXL
- Length: 43.75 inches
- Width: 9.25 inches
- Wheelbase: 25.625 inches
- Nose: 6.125 inches
- Tail: 7.75 inches
Wheel and Truck:
- Diameter: 70 millimeters
- Width: 42 millimeters
- Hardness: 78a
- Formula: ATF
- Color: Blue
- Trucks: 180 millimeters Randal
Randal II 180-millimeter Trucks:
- Designed for carving tight, quick turns while maintaining a stable geometry
- Geometry allows for adjusting caster angle by flipping the hanger
- Base plates and hangers interchangeable with the Randal System
- Virgin grade aluminum construction
- Grade 8 king pin
- Lifetime guarantee
- Made in the USA
- Red Bones Bearings
- 5/16-inch risers
- 5-inch hardware
- The longboard boasts a superb design that resembles a 70’s vintage look which is sure to attract some attention as you ride on this longboard.
- Bones Reds Bearings are manufactured in China to Surf One’s Bones Skate Rated specifications in a manufacturing facility dedicated to producing the highest quality skate bearings in China. The bearings are inspected twice before being shipped and are built to deliver the greatest combination of performance, durability, and low cost in the industry.
- Surf One longboards encompass the coastal California culture with artwork featuring stand-up paddlers, sunsets, and beaches. Surf One longboard wheels are made using the company’s All-Terrain urethane formula.
- The Five Star 70-millimeter, 78a wheels are specially designed to handle the toughest riding conditions and terrains, from large ditches to street cracks. With great roll speed and smoothness, these wheels will do their job just efficiently.
- The Red Bones bearings are made from hardened chromium steel and have removable rubber shields for easy cleaning. They are tested repeatedly for increased efficiency before hitting the shelves. Bones Red bearings are the go to bearings for individuals looking to replace low quality, stock bearings that usually ship with inexpensive longboards. Such bearing replacements often result in a smoother ride.
- Made from tough aluminum, the Randal R-II 180-millimeter trucks are extremely lightweight yet durable, responsive yet perfectly balanced which make them great for quick, tight turns and boarding at high speeds. You’ll feel an intermediate difference in the way you ride with these high-performance trucks.
- Clear grip tape shows off the deck’s simple top and bottom wood grain graphic and the KXL concave is mellow with a slight kick in the nose which helps grip better.
- Ideal for cruising, carving and as a transportation longboard. It’s suitable for anyone looking to polish his/her longboarding skills, regardless of how much experience you have in longboarding.
- The high-quality bearings combined with the Randal R-II trucks and the Surf One Five Star wheels make the Surf One Pakala III Complete Longboard one of the smoothest and most responsive boards out there.
- It’s pretty decent considering the price but it’s not nearly as good as the high-end boards in its segment.
- This is more of a cruise around town kind of board.
Though the Surf One Pakala III fails to impress when compared to the high-end boards in its segment, it’s still a pretty decent investment considering the reputation of the brand and of course it’s budget-friendly price. This longboard performs best for cruising and carving riding styles. More importantly, this longboard is suitable for anyone who’s into longboarding, regardless of how much experience you have in longboarding.