Surf One OG Duke Review
Straight from Santa Barbara comes the very versatile and sturdy OG Duke Complete Skateboard from Surf One. Because longboarding has gone mainstream within the past decade, Surf One has taken on the challenge of becoming the most sought after longboard brand in the sports gear industry. The OG Duke encompasses the coastal California culture with artwork featuring stand-up paddlers, sunsets, and beaches. It has subtle graphics enhanced by the use of clear grip tape. It comes with high-performance Randal R-II trucks and ATF formula wheels which can handle the toughest riding conditions and terrains, from large ditches to street cracks. It is a perfect setup for urban cruising and freestyling.
- Duke OG complete longboard with seven-ply hard rock maple deck pressed in Santa Barbara
- Clear grip tape shows off top and bottom wood grain graphic
- 60-millimeter, 80a ATF formula wheels
- Randal R-II 180-millimeter trucks; high-performance Bones Reds bearings
- Warranty against de-lamination and/or defects for the board’s usable life
- Shape: 199
- Concave: KXL46
- Length: 41.5 inches
- Width: 9.0 inches
- Wheelbase: 28.0 inches
- Nose: 3.25 inches
- Tail: 6.0 inches
- Diameter: 65 millimeters
- Width: 40 millimeters
- Hardness: 80a
- Formula: ATF
- Color: Black
Randal II 180-millimeter Trucks:
- Designed for carving tight, quick turns while maintaining a stable geometry
- Geometry allows for adjusting caster angle by flipping the hanger
- Base plates and hangers interchangeable with the Randal System
- Virgin grade aluminum construction
- Grade 8 king pin
- Lifetime guarantee
- Made in the USA
- Red Bones bearings
- 5/16-inch risers
- 5-inch hardware
- With the Surf One OG Duke longboard you can surf the concrete waves of your city. It has a rad wood-look and comes with a surfer portrait on the bottom.
- The 60-millimeter, 80a wheels are made using the company’s All-Terrain urethane formula. Their wheels can handle the toughest riding conditions and terrains, from large ditches to street cracks. With great roll speed and smoothness, these wheels definitely do their job.
- The ultra-durable bearings are made from hardened chromium steel and have removable rubber shields for easy cleaning. They’re tested repeatedly to ensure efficiency before hitting the shelves. The bearings deliver the greatest combination of performance, durability and low cost in the industry.
- Made from tough aluminum, the Randal R-II 180-millimeter trucks are extremely durable and guaranteed for life. Lightweight, responsive, and perfectly balanced, the trucks are great for quick, tight turns and boarding at high speeds while maintaining a stable geometry.
- Geometry allows for adjusting caster angle by flipping the hanger. You’ll feel an immediate difference in the way you ride with these high-performance trucks.
- Clear grip tape shows off the deck’s simple top and bottom wood grain graphic and the
KXL46 concave is well suited to cruising. The subtle graphics make the board look more appealing.
- Subtle graphics with a decent design but certainly not the best.
- The wheels handle all but the widest sidewalk cracks.
Looking at the subtle graphics, the Surf One OG Duke is the perfect example of a traditional old school board. The deck is sincerely a work of art. This is definitely one of the prettiest boards in the market and it really is inexpensive as compared to other longboards out there. Now, if you’re looking for an aggressive board to go bombing giant hills this is not the board for you. This board is for someone looking for a chill longboard to get a cruise around town and to bomb small to moderate hills. Moreover, this board is also great for aggressive riders who want to do stunts with the fastest speed.