Surf One Beirut Review
Get a little more “down to earth” with the very versatile and durable Surf One Beirut Complete Longboard which is a great combination of handy features and competitive pricing. Because longboarding has gone mainstream within the past decade, Surf One has taken on the challenge of becoming the most sought after longboard brand in the sports gear industry. Surf One decks are specifically designed to withstand the life of a skateboarder, regardless of the boarding style, and the Beirut is no exception. This board is designed as a classic cruiser. The long and flat shape makes this board ideal for city & campus cruising.
The versatile Surf One Beirut Longboard is just the piece of hardware you need to cruise on day after day. Rack ‘em up and try to concentrate because this smooth ride is no joke. It measures 43.75 inches long by 9 inches wide and comes complete and fully assembled.
Additionally, all Surf One manufactured products are warranted against delamination and/or manufacturing defects for the useful life of the skateboard. If you feel your skateboard or components are defective, you may send it back to Surf One, freight prepaid. The company will inspect it and let you know of its findings. If Surf One decides your skateboard was defective or failed to give reasonable service, it will replace your deck with a similar, available skateboard of the same or better condition and pay for the shipping back to you.
- Length: 43.75″ / 111.12 cm
- Width: 9″ / 22.86 cm
- Wheelbase: 25.625″ / 65.087 cm
- Nose: 6.25″ / 15.87 cm
- Tail: 7.625″ / 19.367 cm
- Shape: Concave
- Construction: Wood with Screen print bottom graphic
- Wheel Diameter: 70mm
- Wheel Hardness: 78a
- Wheel Formula: SBA
- Wheel Color: Black
- Wheel Surface: Smooth
- Color: Blue
- Core: Yes
- Truck Width: 9.0″ / 22.86 cm / 180mm
- Truck Make: Randal
- Color: Silver or Balck
- Suggested Use: All Terrain
- This board is designed as a classic cruiser. The long and flat shape makes this board ideal for city & campus cruising.
- This classic board features smooth, all-terrain wheels along with 7-ply maple wood construction with good flex for easy riding and carving.
- The Five Star 70-millimeter, 78a wheels are specially designed to handle the toughest riding conditions and terrains, from large ditches to street cracks. With great roll speed and smoothness, these wheels will do their job just proficiently.
- Made from tough aluminum, the Randal R-II 180-millimeter trucks are extremely lightweight yet durable, responsive yet perfectly balanced which make them great for quick, tight turns and boarding at high speeds. You’ll feel an intermediate difference in the way you ride with these high-performance trucks.
- Ideal for cruising, carving and as a transportation longboard. It’s suitable for anyone looking to polish his/her longboarding skills, regardless of how much experience you have in longboarding.
- The high-quality bearings combined with the Randal R-II trucks and the heavy-duty wheels make the Surf One Beirut Complete Longboard one of the smoothest and most responsive boards out there.
- It has ample foot space and provides unprecedented stability for the rider. It is the perfect board for anyone looking to cruise through the streets.
- The subtle graphics make the board look more appealing.
- Tested repeatedly to ensure efficiency before hitting the shelves and designed to deliver the greatest combination of performance, durability and low cost in the industry. The maintenance is also really simple.
- Decent design but not that good.
- Not nearly as good as other similar boards in the segment.
- Gets relatively unstable at high speeds.
The Bottom Line
Though the Beirut fails to impress when compared to the high-end boards in its segment, it’s still a pretty decent investment considering the reputation of the brand and of course, it’s pocket-friendly price. This longboard performs best for cruising and carving riding styles. More importantly, this longboard is suitable for anyone who’s into longboarding, regardless of how much experience you have in longboarding. The Beirut is one of those boards that boldly bridges the gap between different styles of skateboarding.