Loaded Cantellated Tesseract Review
The classic Tesseract shape you so much love now with a whole new twist! The Loaded CantellatedTesseract has been reinvented into the Cantellated version to suit different riding styles. The Cantellated is virtually the Tesseract with a chopped nose and a little re-shaping. Being a Loaded product, you get a fantastic board. Let the Cantellated Tesseract be your companion in your quest for four-wheeled illumination. There aren’t many differences between the two. But just for the record, you get a single kick Loaded Tesseract and secondly, the tail on the Cantellated Tesseract is actually wider than the first Tesseract. This provides you more space to rest your foot than the regular kicks on the Tesseract.
No city or campus commute is complete without the occasional obstacles getting in your way. Being nice and responsive is great way to deal with a lot of ride interferences but what happens when you encounter an unexpected rock or curb? You’ll simply Ollie over it, right! You’d be very surprised to know that the tails on the Cantellated Tesseract are capable of popping a nice full size Ollie. Plus the Tesseract also gives its rider a lot of options when it comes to freestyle. The tails are so large and wide you get a ton of leverage and if you factor in the fact that the board is super light you end up being a freestyle expert. So whether it’s downhill, freeriding, or just all-around shredding, the Cantellated Tesseract is a board that should not be overlooked.
- Length: 36” / 91 cm
- Width: 9.5” / 24 cm
- Wheelbase: 24.5” and 26” / 62.2 cm and 66 cm
- Tail: 7.25” / 18.4 cm (tip to inner bolt on 24.5” wheelbase)
- Concave: 0.30” / 0.76 cm (at W peak), 0.39” / 0.99 cm (at W trough)
- Rocker: 0.33” / 0.84 cm
- Wedging angle: 3.5°
- Weight: 4.5 lbs / 2.0 kg (with grip)
- Concave Depth: Medium
- Plys: Vertically laminated Bamboo
- Construction: Bamboo, Fiberglass, Cork
- Grip Tape: Course-grit Black
- Flex: Stiff
- Trucks: Caliber II 184mm X 44° RKP Trucks (Green)
- Wheels: RAD 70mm X 80a James Kelly Wheels (White)
- Bearings: Bones Mini Logo Bearings
- Even with a directional stance, the Cantellated Tesseract has a symmetrical standing platform which cups the outer edges of your feet which ultimately helps lock you in when going fast, railing corners, and kicking out slides. Additionally, the rocket lowers your center of gravity for enhanced stability.
- The very slight and dampened flex of the board only adds to its overall smooth ride.
- The Cantellated Tesseract sports a single tail kick and features a wider and fuller shape, while the width stays consistent all the way up to the blunted nose for predictable leverage for slides and tricks. The single tail kick aids in ollie-popping, tick-tacking, and manual-balancing needs.
- The Tesseract line of boards feature an aggressive yet intuitive W concave to enhance rider control on all toeside maneuvers. The design allows the inside edges of your feet to nestle up against the W while also allowing the outside of your foot to rest in a more radial dish just behind the flared wheel wells.
- Coming to the flared wheel wells, they increase clearance and also create surface transitions as smooth as possible while providing lateral and longitudinal support for your feet, both inside the trucks and on the kicktail.
- Two layers of custom fiberglass skins sandwich two vertically-laminated bamboo cores to create a stiff yet light and damp structure. A layer of cork is laminated to the bottom of the board which provides vibration dampening and a significant level of durability.
- The granular, non-directional structure of the cork helps prevent abrasive damage from propagating.
- The W concave, grip tape and rocker all come together nicely to increase stability and maneuverability of the board, which makes sure the rider is secured on the board without feeling cramped or compromising on safety.
- The Tesseract offers both 24.5″ and 26″ wheelbase options, allowing you to fine-tune your setup based on your riding style and specific truck geometry.
- The double concave seems tricky at first but boarding becomes a breeze when you get used to it.
- The Tesseract seems to have a little less concave to it than other similar boards on the market.
The Bottom Line
The tails on the Loaded Cantellated Tesseract sport a little bit of their own concave which is great for hitting all sorts of slides from the tail. In addition to blunt slides, you can actually get creative with rotational slides like 360 slides. While nothing is perfect, the Loaded Cantellated Tesseract has its fair share of downsides too. The biggest issue is probably with the wheelbite. But rest assured, the Tesseract is definitely a thing of beauty.