Landyachtz Top Speed Review
Downhill and freeride boards come in all sorts of sizes and shapes with varying designs and patterns, each with its fair share of pros and cons. However, in the last couple of years, there has been a huge surge in the use of smaller top mounts for going fast and going sideways. The Landyachtz Top Speed is one of these boards. Inspired by the shred-mastery of Landyachtz’s pro rider Justin Ortiz, the Top Speed is a very versatile yet sturdy board that is great for race day, but also performs well in everyday downhilling and freeriding. If your idea of having fun consists of bombing hills as fast as possible and throwing a slide on turns, then nothing comes even near the Top Speed in terms of performance. The Top Speed is your ultimate tool for downhill performance.
With the Top Speed, you’ll get yourself a nimble downhill deck. While it shines on downhill runs, this board is also designed to take your sliding game to a whole new level. When set up, it becomes extremely agile for a downhill deck. This means you’ll be able to carve into slides quickly and smoothly making your freeride game more fun. The board has 7 plies of rock-hard Canadian maple and a fiberglass bottom with a sublimated graphic which is tattooed into the board which makes it look so appealing. Plus with the hefty amount of rocker which is anatomically great on your knees, you get a sense of direction no matter which way you are riding it. And with the large amount of aggressive W-concave you’ll know exactly where your feet are when tucking.
Features & Specifications
- Deck: Landyachtz Top Speed
- Length: 36.5″/ 92.7 cm
- Width: 9.5″ / 24.1 cm
- Wheelbase: 27.25″ / 69.2 cm
- Construction: 7-Ply Canadian Maple
- Concave: Aggressive W-Concave
- Flex: Stiff
- Wheels: 70mm 82a Mini Monster Hawgs (Yellow)
- Trucks: Bear Grizzly 852 181mm 52-degree baseplate
- Bearings: ABEC 7 Speedy Rated Bearings
- With the Top Speed, you will have yourself a nimble downhill deck, which due to its small wheelbase turns very quickly and sharply. Additionally, the top mount design can get you a great deal of leverage over your trucks. The small wheelbase plus the top-mount design will help you cut close corners when navigating technical courses.
- It has a composite top sheet, kind of like a snowboard, which makes the board extra strong and much more durable. Plus it has 7 plies of super durable rock-hard Canadian maple, and a fiberglass bottom with a sublimated graphic, which is basically tattooed into the board for a classic touch.
- With the hefty amount of rocker, it is anatomically great on your knees, and helps give you a sense of direction no matter which way you are riding it.
- Rocker along with the aggressive W-concave keep the rider confidently placed on the platform while fendered wheel wells add wheel clearance and provide more leverage on the rail while initiating slides or drifts.
- Rocker also slightly lowers your center of gravity, adding stability, and with the large amount of concave, you’ll know exactly where your feet are when tucking.
- The board weighs in at just a bit over 3 lbs which makes it easy to carry back up the hill after a long run.
- It’s extremely agile for a downhill deck which means you’ll be able to carve into slides quickly and smoothly, making your freeride game look awesome.
- You’ll feel confident, secure, and stoked out of your mind anytime you’re riding the Landyachtz Top Speed Longboard Complete.
- The Top Speed comes with a hefty price tag as compared to other boards in this category of lightweight downhill boards.
- The wheel clearance is not that good.
The Bottom Line
A lot of thought and testing went into making the Landyachtz Top Speed. While it may seem like a little hard to slide or the wheelbase seems big enough but after a good day of sliding it starts to feel really good. The rocker and the W-concave really locks into your feet when sliding which make it even more fun once you get used to it. You’ll feel confident and secure, and stoked out of your mind while riding the Top Speed Longboard Complete from Landyachtz. If your idea of having fun involves bombing hills as fast as possible and throwing a slide on turns then the Top Speed is the ultimate tool for your adventure.