Landyachtz Tomahawk Review
Geared towards the progressive rider, the very versatile Landyachtz Tomahawk is a killer board that lets you rip your freestyle and freeride line all in one board. The Tomahawk will change the way you skate. Take advantage of unique features and expand your creativity with this freeride sensation. The symmetric design enjoys functional kicktails and a comfortable foot platform with flared wheels and subtle micro drops to let you shove out those stand up slides. The board is designed with large double kicks that combine with the rocker in the deck to form a very stable platform that locks you in for freeriding, giving you peace of mind knowing that your setup is a major key in the world of freeriding and freestyle.
The concave scheme provides amazing pockets to keep you locked in at all times. The Tomahawk achieves this by combining radial concave, slight W-concave, and flared wheel wells to give you leverage points and comfortable positions along the standing platform. Additionally, it features a micro-dropped and double kicked shape to ensure you the ability to shred any freeriding goodness. Perfect for downhill and freeriding, the Tomahawk will give you more control than you ever thought possible. Plus, the new sublimated bottom graphic along with clean grip tape and overall shape make it visually attractive and appealing.
Features & Specifications
- Length: 39 inch
- Width: 9.75 inch
- Wheelbase: 22.7 inch – 25.5 inch
- Construction: Maple
- Concave Style: Radial, W, 3D
- Concave Depth: Medium
- Flex: Stiff
- Grip Tape: Standard Black
- The unique symmetrical design with rocker and flared wheel wells give you reference points to assist in throwing drifts, while the high W-concave allows the board to lock into your feet while still remaining flat enough for urban riding and dancing on the board.
- Top mount design allows you to drive and turn the board from completely above the trucks making for more aggressive carves.
- The mellow drop deck provides the locked in feeling of a drop deck while still being mellow enough to kill flat-ground tricks like manuals or tiger-claws with kicktails on both the nose and tail.
- Superior strength and high-quality maple plies leave the Tomahawk super stiff and perfectly stable, even when riding at high speeds. A fairly stiff design allows the board to excel at freeriding and provides stability at speed.
- The elevated wheel wells give you more wheel clearance and the wider foot platform provides you with more room to confidently land tricks and turns.
- The redesigned platform with micro drops and W-concave provide a nice foot pocket to lock, which will handle downhill and high-speed freeriding with ease.
- The angle when the tail connects the ground is quite steep, which gives some good leverage for shuvits and wheelies as well as keeping the nose up when dropping off curbs.
- Landyachtz logoed black grip tape will keep you glued to your board all day long.
- Flush mounting allows you to get directly on top of your trucks for more precise control, while a symmetrical twin kicktail shape gives you increased maneuverability and access to an infinite number of freeride and freestyle tricks.
- The Tomahawk features Hollow Tech technology to drastically reduce weight while adding strength and stiffness.
- For a beginner learning to slide, to a pro doing pre-drifts on technical mountain roads, it doesn’t get any better than the Landyachtz Tomahawk.
- The trucks come with medium barrel bushings and no washer on the bottom, so it’s quite wiggly and carvable at lower speeds.
- The Tomahawk isn’t really meant for railing turns at higher speeds, although it can certainly handle speed.
The Bottom Line
The Tomahawk is just the thing for you, if you’re a medium or smaller rider looking for a medium speed freeride board with tails, much defined foot pockets and mild W concave, but which still feels comfortable on flatter terrain. Although, it isn’t meant for railing turns at considerably higher speeds, it can certainly handle some speedy bumps down the road, it’s just not quite stiff enough to be ideal in that realm. If you’re looking for a little more freestyle to your life, the Tomahawk lets you rip your freestyle and freeride all in one board.