Landyachtz Drop Carve Review
The Drop Carve lends a ton of technologies into one fun and functional board that is designed to perform and which never lets you down. As far as first impressions go, this board is pretty awesome. In terms of carving, cruising and freestyle, this board is quite fun. The kicks work great and it’s fairly lightweight, plus the mellow “W” feels so comfortable while cruising, and the concave is good enough to keep you from falling off the board on slides and tight turns. Speaking of tight turns, the Drop Carve can make some really tight turns. And it has a 23.9” wheelbase, which is pretty short which makes for very tight carving ability. Drop-through mounting with slight nose and tail kicks make for an excellent everyday ride to tackle any terrain.
The Drop carve is a versatile freeride and freestyle deck that will take your riding skills to the next level. A wonderfully snappy flex, symmetrical kicktails, and a variable concave make this board a no brainer if you are too much into doing tricks and slides. Even if you’re looking for a carving or commuter board, the Drop Carve makes an excellent choice. With fiberglass on the inner and outer layers and bamboo sandwiched in between, this really has a nice pop to it. You’ll definitely appreciate this plentiful pop when landing early grabs, shuvits, pressure flips, all kinds of amazing stuff. The variable concave, sublimated fiberglass bottom sheet, drop-through mounting and slight kicks make the Drop Carve one of the best all-around boards available.
Features & Specifications
- Length: 36.9” / 93.73 cm
- Width: 8.6” / 21.84 cm
- Wheelbase: 23.9” / 60.71 cm
- Construction: Bamboo/Fiberglass
- Concave: Variable Concave
- Rocker/Camber: No
- Nose/Tail: Yes
- Flex: Medium
- Wheels: Hawgs Fatties 63mm 78a wheels
- Trucks: Bear Grizzly 5.0 8.5″ reverse mounted trucks
- Bearings: Bear Space Balls ABEC 7 Bearings
- Grip Tape: Logo Graphic applied to top
- Style: Compact Freestyle Cruiser
- Designed with bamboo and fiberglass, the Drop Carve 37 has ample flex, with the rigidity and pop that gives this deck a real lively feeling. The functional nose and tail suit to all your needs, popping in and out of trucks, while providing a lot of fun to your set up as a whole.
- The Drop Carve is a pro at handling whatever tricks you throw its way, and with fiberglass on the inner and outer layers and bamboo in between, this board has a real nice pop to it.
- It’s upturned, symmetrical tails make locking in manuals so convenient, you won’t even have to think twice.
- It features a unique variable concave, with less concave in the middle, more at the ends, right before the trucks. Plus with the subtle W-concave throughout the board, you’re strictly looking for some hard carves, sliding, or a mixture of both. The board will make your feet right at home at all times.
- Drop through mounting combined with slight nose and tail kicks make for an excellent everyday ride to tackle any terrain.
- The Drop Carve makes for a great commuter board. Its relatively short wheelbase and length and responsive flex make this board fun when you are on the run.
- The Drop Carve is pretty stable without compromising carve, symmetrical, agile and available in two size options to fit your style.
- The kicks work great and it’s fairly lightweight, so shuvits, g turns and manuals become a breeze with the Drop Carve and has a fun feel to it.
- It’s great for cruising and sliding, but not so ideal for downhill riding.
The Bottom Line
The Drop Carve is a great flexible carver with a lightweight design and a drop-through mounting with slight kicktails for stable control without the risk of wheel bite. So it’s a great choice if you’re up for freeriding, freestyle, carving, and commuting. Even if you’re looking for a carving or commuter board, the Landyachtz Drop Carve makes an excellent choice. This board will take your riding skills to the next level.