Gold Coast Standard Review
The classic pintail design is a blast from the past which with its sophisticated look combined with the easy-going attitude of the very sturdy Gold Coast Standard make it a staple in any longboard collection. The glossy feel gives it a very elegant look. But apart from its subtle pintail design, the Standard is packed with plenty of features that simply deliver an incredible performance. The Standard red and blue pintail longboard is a 44” color blocked deck that’s bold, bright and clean. The 7-ply Canadian maple construction provides a little extra weight than Gold Coast’s other pintail longboards so you can really throw your leverage into those turns. The standard 26” wheelbase gives you ample room for a standard, feel good ride whether you’re commuting to work or rolling with your buddies.GOLDCOAST Classic Bamboo Cruiser Skateboard Deck, 28″
- Seven-ply Canadian maple deck
- Shred Boot wheels
- Century C80 reverse pivot trucks
- Gold Coast VHS bearings
- Die-cut grip tape
- Deck Material: 7-Ply Canadian Maple
- Deck Length: 44 inch
- Deck Width: 10 inch
- Wheelbase: 26 inch
- Wheel Type: Shred Boots, 70mm 85A
- Concave: Mild
- Flex: Medium
- Bearings: Genuine Gold Coast A7
- Printed and Die Cut Grip Tape
- Century 179mm Reverse Pivot Trucks
- 93a bushings with Raw Tumbled Finish & 0.5″ Flat Risers
- The classic pintail is both responsive and elegant, and packed with plenty of incredible features for a great riding experience.
- The design features 7-ply Canadian maple deck construction that offers you a very responsive ride. The printed grip tape evenly locks your feet in place to offer relative stability.
- A long wheelbase and reverse pivot trucks give it the right mix of stability and maneuverability so you can comfortably cruise whether you’re crossing campus or shredding hills.
- It deploys the same Shred Boot wheels found in other Gold Coast longboards with a softer 80a durometer rating. With these, you can easily breeze over various obstacles on your path ranging from the bumps to the pebbles.
- The 26” wheelbase gives you plenty of length for a standard, feel good ride whether you’re commuting to work or rolling with your homies.
- The longboard guarantees stiff ride under your feet when you’re looking to get around town without any worries of wobble.
- The 85a Shred Boot Wheels are super-efficient in getting past tougher bumps and obstacles while making use of the Century 179mm Reverse Pivot Trucks which point to great strength and durability.
- The board provides a very stable ride whether you are cruising in or around campus or enjoying some mild freestyle riding applications. Apart from the stability, it offers a very mellow and exciting ride.
- The grip tapes are tightly sealed and do not come off easily even after an extended use of the board. Plus, you get ample space on the board to perform maneuvers such as cross-stepping. This can add fun to your longboarding without losing your balance.
- With the wider trucks, the board sits quite low with a lower center of gravity which gives you superb control when you are cruising.
- An array of high-quality materials used in the longboard makes it one of the most durable boards around. Plus a relatively high durometer rating means you have water-resistant wheels that can perform really well even under diverse application environments.
- The Standard is ideal for cruising and carving applications. You can use it for gentle cruising and fun swinging.
- This board is not ideal for some high-speed skateboarding action.
- Need to make some adjustment to get the most out of the board.
The Final Word
The classic pintail shaped Gold Coast Standard is a great longboard but if you want to get the most out of it, you need to make some adjustments. Besides that, the board packs some really great features under its hood such as the 7-ply maple construction which makes for a very responsive ride, the printed grip tape which locks your feet in place just perfectly for stability, plus the 26-inch wheelbase gives you plenty of room for a standard, feel good ride. All these features give it the right mix of stability and maneuverability so you can comfortably cruise whether you’re crossing campus or shredding hills.