Gold Coast Salvo Cruiser Review
The Salvo Cruiser Complete Skateboard from Gold Coast offers tons of fun for the whole family and is the way to go for casually getting around campus or commuting for work, catching some speed bumps on a downhill, cutting some corners slalom style, and just steady cruising. Salvo refers to the simultaneous firing of multiple weapons or a sudden burst of energy. Sky and sea, storm and calm, polka dots and stripes, black and white: the Salvo Cruiser’s balance is all about firing on all levels. The Salvo is a 27″ Shovel shape deck made with Gold Coast’s Bamboo/Maple Hybrid with medium flex balanced by carvy Century C30 Regular Pivot Trucks. Contrasting white and black cherry bombs 60mm wheels and white 93a bushings are soft enough to absorb any bumps along the ride.
- 27″ Long x 7.5″ Wide 15″ Wheelbase
- 5 Ply Bamboo/Maple Hybrid Deck
- Cherry Bomb Wheels, 60mm, 78A with Gold Coast VHS Bearings
- Century C30 Regular Pivot Trucks and 91A Dual Durometer Bushings
- Clear Grip Tape
- Length: 27″ / 68.58 cm
- Width: 7.5″ / 19.05 cm
- Wheelbase: 14.5″ / 36.83 cm
- Weight: 1 pound
- 5-ply bamboo and maple hybrid construction
- Custom Gold Coast graphic on bottom
- Gold Coast graphic on top
- Century 129mm trucks, 5″ hanger, 7.5″ axle, Raw Tumbled finish
- Cherry Bomb 60mm 78a cruiser wheels
- Genuine Gold Coast ABEC 7 Bearings
- The Gold Coast Salvo boasts a super-compact shape that will make it easier for you to cruise to virtually anywhere. The board wheels are quite grippy allowing you to cruise over numerous obstacles including cracked sidewalks.
- The bi-axial bamboo laminate construction gives the board great durability, elasticity as well as excellent response levels.
- The Cherry Bomb 60mm Wheels will surmount any pothole or dangerous pebbles on your path, and with a softer 78a Durometer rating it absorbs shock and allow you to cruise at high speeds very comfortably.
- The 129mm trucks built with the hard 93a bushings provide excellent durability during your rides. Wheelbite effects are mitigated with 0.25-inch flat risers installed on the boards.
- The clear grip tape on the upper side of the board allows your feet to maintain contact with the board in all kinds of weather conditions. Regardless of whether you’re skating during the dry or wet weather conditions, you are guaranteed an excellent grip that will ensure that your feet stick on the board.
- The Salvo offers you incredible balance and stability which eventually allows you to skate with a great deal of confidence.
- The tail of the board is long and turned slightly upward to offer you perfect control when you are cruising. The wheels are smooth while the trucks turn perfectly enabling you to ride the longboard as fast as you want to.
- The width, stability, and size of the board will give you the confidence to cruise at incredible speeds. You can also achieve top speeds while maintaining excellent board control and stability.
- The board is highly durable and it does not yield at all even in the most extreme applications.
- The 60mm Cherry Bombs wheels, genuine Gold Coast ABEC 7 bearings and Century 129mm regular pivot trucks offer turning that is both nimble and familiar to skateboarders of all backgrounds.
- You might have to replace the bushings for a more comfortable ride.
- The wheels are quite decent but won’t roll over small sidewalk cracks or tiny pebbles.
- The sandpiper-like texture on the top isn’t aesthetically pleasing.
The Final Word
The longboard is highly durable, thanks to the stiff 5-ply bamboo/maple construction material which does not yield at all even in the most extreme weather conditions. Plus the width and size of the board will give you the confidence to cruise at incredible speeds while maintaining control and stability. You can use the board not only to cruise around comfortably but also in applications such as carving and some freestyling moves. Nimble turning moves are achievable with the board thanks to the Gold Coast ABEC 7 bearings as well as the Century 129mm pivot trucks. Doesn’t matter if you’re a novice skateboarder or a pro, you will find the feel of this board quite familiar.