Gold Coast Beacon Review
The minimalistic design of the Beacon Maple and Bamboo Cruiser with a turquoise graphic reminiscent of chasing the horizon will both get you noticed and light it up. Save your skateboard for the skatepark and jump on the Gold Coast Beacon Cruiser when you’re just headed down to the gas station for a twelve-pack. It doesn’t take up any extra room like a longboard, and the Cherry Bomb Wheels are softer and bigger than the skate wheels so you won’t go flying when you hit a crack in the sidewalks or some bumps while carving around. This deck is a 26” 5-ply Bamboo and Hybrid with a 13.25” wheelbase — lightweight and nimble for the quick urban commute with a medium springy, flex. Carvy Century C30 Trucks and soft 60mm Cherry Bombs Wheels get through whatever the ride throws at you.GOLDCOAST BAMBOO CRUISER SKATBOARD COMPLETE 26 – THE BEACON
- 5-ply bamboo/maple deck is lightweight and springy
- Cherry Bombs wheels cruise smoothly over cracks and bumps
- Completely set up and ready to skate right out of the box
- Century 129mm Regular Pivot trucks for increased stability and control
- 91A Dual Durometer Bushings
- Gold Coast VHS Bearings
- Construction: 5-Ply Bamboo/Maple
- Deck Length: 26″ / 66.04 cm
- Deck Width: 7.87″ / 19.98 cm
- Wheelbase: 13.25″ / 33.65 cm
- Wheel Type: Cherry Bombs
- Wheel Size: 60 mm
- Wheel Durometer: 78a
- Bearings: ABEC 5
- Trucks: Century C30 Regular Pivot
- Deck Style: Kicktail
- Shape: Directional
- Riding Style: Cruising/Carving
- Designed from North American Maple or Bamboo, the Beacon is extremely durable with optimal amount of flex which works well with the rider. The two different kinds of wood are cold pressed and cut into their unique precision shapes.
- The high-performance wheels are designed with the Gold Coast’s signature proprietary urethane formula which guarantees riders will get a consistent, predictable ride every time they hop on the board.
- The Century C30 Regular Pivot Trucks add to the strength and stability of the board, which ensure maximum control during the tightest turns allowing you to get the maximum benefit from the board.
- The shortened cruiser has a sleek colorway and geometry, all packed in with a kicktail for quick slashes down crowded streets.
- The quirky combo of small deck and big wheels make this board perfect for cruising and offer more maneuverability than a standard longboard.
- The Cherry Bomb 60mm, 78a wheels are perfect for commuting in and around city streets, offering a quick and nimble ride. The Century C30 Trucks get through whatever the ride throws at you.
- It doesn’t take up any extra room like a longboard, and the Cherry Bombs wheels are softer and bigger than skate wheels so you won’t go flying when you hit a crack in the cement.
- The wheels offer excellent grip and assist you in rolling over difficult terrains and cracked sidewalks.
- The maple board provides you with really good balance to keep you on your feet at all the times without breaking a sweat.
- In terms of stability, you get that extra bit of stability during taking sharp turns or carving which is not present in most of the other longboards.
- Not only does it fit on the board perfectly but it is also versatile. In terms of versatility, it is adaptable on almost every terrain.
- The super fast bearings are able to give smooth rotation so they ensure firm speed boarding.
- Great board for novice riders but not ideal for serious longboarders.
The Final Word
It is pretty clear from the sophisticated design and versatile features that there are few longboards that match up to the specifications of that of the Gold Coast Beacon. The quirky combo of the small deck and big wheels make this board perfect for cruising while offering optimal maneuverability than a standard longboard. Plus, you get that extra bit of stability when taking sharp turns or carving which is hard to get in similar longboards. That being said, this is one of the most sought after longboards on the market.