Globe HG Street Plank Review
High-quality performance driven components, hand-selected and rigorously tested for the perfect consistency in the very versatile Globe HG Street Plank G3 Complete Skateboard. With this fantastic board, you can get a skateboard ready to rock right out of the box. Comes assembled with everything you need, the Street Plank is built to rip up the streets and pump some mean tranny. Built for the streets, it’s wider for that surfy feel you’ve been craving, plus it feels more stable on transition. The deck graphics feature deeply embossed, wood-burned pattern art combined with a rich stained wood finish for a classic and stylish look.
- High-quality 7-layer deck for longer lifespan
- Tensor lightweight magnesium trucks for durability
- Ultra fast performance wheels for better stability
- Built for the streets
- Deck graphic features deeply embossed, wood-burned pattern art combined with a rich stained wood finish
- Deck Length: 31.75″ / 80.6 cm
- Deck Width: 8″ / 20.3 cm
- Wheelbase: 14.25″ / 36.19 cm
- Wheels: Premium urethane 52mm 100a wheels (made in California)
- Trucks: 5.25″ Tensor Magnesium Trucks
- Wheel Width: 31 mm
- Wheel Diameter: 52 mm
- Wheel Hardness: 100A
- Deck Material: 7-Ply Canadian Maple
- Additional Materials: Epoxy Resin
- Deck Features: Kicktail
- Bearing Precision: ABEC 7
- Grip Type: Pre-gripped
- Max Rider Weight: 95 kg
- Concave: Yes
- The board has a stiff flex which makes it quite responsive and is able to handle high speeds. Plus the size of the board ensures it provides ample space to accommodate almost all types of riders no matter the size and shape.
- The symmetrical design helps the board take quick and sharp turns plus the concave cross section allows for easy carving. You can get some decent carves going and there’s plenty of room for cross stepping and other freestyling moves.
- The kicktail makes it a great board for cruising by making the board more maneuverable, so you can get through crowds while commuting, while the length makes it an ideal board for going downhill.
- The high-performance 5.25″ Tensor Magnesium Trucks provide you with practically effortless control making it feel like you are surfing on the ground.
- For the high-quality materials used in this longboard, both skilled and beginner riders get a comfortable and smooth riding experience. The deck, trucks, and wheels of the board are quite good quality and provide stability while riding.
- Maximum stability makes this board a great choice for downhilling, while its ease of pushing is perfect for long distance riding or just kicking around town/campus.
- The 31.75-inch is the ideal size, adding to the stability, and ensuring comfort no matter what the size of the rider.
- The size also means stability, which is further accentuated by the wood-burned epoxy resin construction which makes it strong, stable and sturdy.
- The fairly decent size combined with the robust material ensures the board can withstand almost all obstacles and is able to get the rider through any speedy, bumpy rides.
- The solid ABEC 7 bearings are designed to provide you with the traction and smooth gliding experience associated with skating, while the premium urethane wheels provide better stability when cruising at higher speeds or when navigating corners.
- Bearings not the best in terms of eliminating friction.
- The board isn’t meant for sliding.
The Globe Street Plank is a remarkable board that offers versatility and robust features at a remarkable price. Tensor magnesium trucks and performance urethane make this a prime pick. Not only is it wider so you get that surfy feel, it also feels stable on transition. The Street Plank has successfully combined all of the best features of Globe’s longboard offerings, all packed up in a good-looking, high-performance street machine. So if you’re looking for a not-so-expensive cruiser complete longboard to casually ride or use for commuting, the Globe HG Street Plank would be hard to beat.
Related: Best Globe Longboards