Globe HG Bantam Cruiser Review
The Globe HG Bantam Cruiser may look like the board of yesteryear, but the fact is it’s not; in fact, it has a fully modern construction and quality components. While not strictly a longboard, the HG Bantam ST Cruiser is designed to be the perfect commuter board. Similar to the already popular Penny board, the Globe Bantam is the smaller and lighter version of the original Globe Bantam. Now available in clear, the Bantam was designed from the ground up to be stiffer, have wider trucks and come equipped with components that last longer than anything comparable on the market. The Bantam is the ultimate plastic skateboard which can be customized to meet any rider’s style. Plus, with less than 1 pound, you will never get tired of carrying this board around.
- Heavy-duty plastic construction
- Slant standard trucks
- Performance wheels
- Super high-rebound bushings
- Less pushing, longer roll
- Deck Length: 24” / 60.96 cm
- Deck Width: 7” / 17.78 cm
- Wheelbase: 12” / 30.48 cm
- Deck Construction: Heavy-duty Globe Plastic
- Concave: No Concave and Steep Kicktail
- Trucks: 4.25” Slant Trucks
- Wheels: 62mm 83a Wheels
- Bearings: ABEC 7
- Weight: 1 pound
- The board is heavy-duty plastic which is reliable and its smaller shape means the cruiser fits perfectly in lockers or backpacks, and the lightweight deign is perfect for on-the-go without having to worry about a lot to carry. It weights almost a pound which makes it easy to carry around.
- The Globe HG Bantam prominently features patterned plastics which gives the entire board a look which can be customized to meet any rider’s style. With 62mm wheels and 4.25” Slant trucks, this board functions perfectly out of the box.
- The high-rebound bushings are used in a variety of shapes across the line to match the functionality of the board. From stability at high speeds to carving with responsive turning, it fits all styles from fast downhill lines to cruising, carving and street skating.
- Globe’s high-rebound urethane formulas are abrasion resistant, smoother, faster, and provide excellent grip.
- The board features bearing spacers for quicker acceleration and higher rolling speed, which mean less effort when getting up to full speed.
- With its harder wheels, this board easily rolls over cracks in pavement and asphalt making it great for shortening travel time to work or class.
- It’s got brilliant 62mm 83a wheels, which are nice and soft and real good for cruising around, especially when surfaces are not as smooth as you’d like. For that reason, it’s extremely stable, maneuverable, and can be used by beginners alike.
- The Globe HG Bantam Cruiser is perfect for commuters everywhere. Its unique and customizable design means that this board is perfect for all ages.
- Although the board has no concave, it features a steep kicktail which makes the board unique. The lack of concave makes it an old school one while the steep kicktail compensates for the absence of concave. It ensures you perform tricks easily.
- Unlike a skateboard, a cruiser is not meant for tricks.
- Might not be so good for very tall skateboarders.
- Steel bearings make is inappropriate for riding in the rain.
The Globe HG Bantam ST Cruiser is a lot more fun than it’s supposed to be. It makes for a great cruising board, thanks to the high-performance Slant trucks which stays low to the ground and they are still good for some carving. Overall, it’s a fun board if you are looking for something to cruise on. It’s definitely a good board for a beginner, just not a whole lot of room for progression. In addition, the Slant offers a lifetime warranty which covers the trucks for any damage that might occur to them. In short, you can save money and still have a great plastic cruiser. So, if you’re looking for a superb skateboarding experience, regardless of whether you’re a novice or an experienced boarder, this is just the thing for you.
Related: Best Globe Longboards