Globe Prowler Review
Carve through campus, bomb hills, and roll around town with ease with the smooth, stable feel of the versatile Globe Prowler Bamboo Complete Longboard. The fact that Globe develops durable skateboards and longboards that will suit any level of rider on any terrain, the Prowler is no exception. It allows you to accelerate faster and travel longer distances while still maintaining control and balance. Globe builds pre-assembled completes so you don’t have to worry about finding matching parts yourself. The Prowler is equipped with Flush-Mount 180mm Slant Reverse Kingpin Trucks for a lower center of gravity when you’re hauling at serious speeds and carving around urban obstacles. The large cutouts effectively eliminate wheel bite and allow the usage of really big wheels as well. With its large platform, the low stance and the mounted Slant trucks and Globe wheels, the Prowler is a board that bawls for cruising and carving.
- Flush mounted drop-through style with cutaway wheel wells
- 9-Ply Bamboo Construction
- High Tensile Hardware
- Conical Globe Longboard Wheels
- ABEC 7 Precision Speed Bearings
- Deck Length: 38” / 96.52 cm
- Deck Width: 10” / 25.40 cm
- Wheelbase: 29” / 73.66 cm
- Deck Material: 9-Ply Bamboo
- Concave: Slight side-to-side
- Trucks: 180mm Slant Reverse Kingpin Trucks
- Wheels: 69mm 83a Wheels
- Grip: Clear Broadcast Grip
- Bearings: Globe Precision ABEC 7
- Flex: Stiff
- Durable resin is used to press the board making it much lighter, stronger and longer lasting than normal water-based decks. Reliable longboards that will suit any level of rider on any terrain. This allows you to accelerate faster and travel longer distances.
- This bamboo long board is equipped with Flush-Mount 180mm Slant Reverse Kingpin Trucks for a lower center of gravity when you’re hauling at serious speeds and carving around urban obstacles while maintaining control and stability.
- Due to its drop-through flushcut mounting, the Prowler offers a low center of gravity which adds some safety to your riding and eases pushing and braking.
- The large cutouts effectively eliminate wheelbite and allows the usage of really big wheels. With its large platform, the low stance and the mounted Slant trucks and Globe wheels, the Prowler makes for great cruising and carving.
- Globe Abec-7 bearings spin faster and longer which means less effort and enables getting up to full speed faster. All longboard completes feature bearing spacers for quicker acceleration and higher rolling speed.
- Globe’s high-rebound 92a Durometer bushings are used in a variety of shapes across the line to match the functionality of each board. This ensures stability at high speeds and makes for carving with responsive turning.
- They are specifically built to fit styles from fast downhill lines to cruising, carving, and street skating.
- Globe’s high-rebound urethane formulas are abrasion resistant, smoother, faster, and provide excellent grip.
- Softer (83a) 69mm Globe wheels roll over bumps and sidewalk cracks with ease, while the ABEC 7 bearings keep you gliding with minimal effort. Clear Broadcast grip keeps you sure-footed and agile without obscuring the board’s beautiful bamboo construction.
- This board is very smooth and very fast. The 38″ length is a nice size for a commuter board, long enough to roll smoothly across cracks and holes, but short enough to still be able to navigate corners without dismounting.
- The deck is rigid giving good downhill stability. The bushings are a bit soft which allows great turning and carving, but you have to develop strong handling skills on downhill to avoid wobble.
- The stock wheels are super sticky which makes sliding a little bit tricky.
The Final Word
The Prowler definitely has an edge over its rivals, thanks to Globe which offers a high-quality longboard at a very reasonable price. The board has its fair share of flaws too. Besides that, the board offers various advantages such as 9-ply Bamboo/Maple/Epoxy deck construction, slant standard trucks, super reliable ABEC 7 bearings, super high-rebound bushings, and high-performance wheels. Plus Globe offers a wide range of color options to give you just the board you were looking for. In short, the Globe Prowler is definitely an awesome longboard for all terrain moves as well as freeriding and sliding.
Related: Best Globe Longboards