Electric longboards are a great way for kids and teens to get outside and enjoy the fresh air, while having fun at the same time. There’s no age limit to electric boards – they’re suitable for both children and adults of all ages.
Choosing the best electric longboard for your kid or teen is an important decision as it will essentially be a new mode of transport for them.
Most boards look incredibly similar, but there are some important differences between them and it’s good to know what they are so you can choose the ideal electric longboard. Read on to find out 5 of the best electric longboards for kids & teens.
Our Top Picks
Electric Longboards for Kids & Teens Reviews
Aceshin Electric Longboard with Wireless Handheld Remote Control
Aceshin electric longboards are hands down the best on the market. They’re super easy to control and super fun – they can go up to 24km/h and travel up to 40km on one charge.
They come with a wireless handheld remote control, so your kids won’t have to carry around a bulky device like they do with some other electric longboards.
This board has adjustable speed so you can control how fast your kids go – younger children will definitely need the lower speeds. The deck is also adjustable, so it can grow with them as they get taller and their riding improves.
Aceshin boards are made in the USA and come with a 1-year warranty.
- All one-piece construction
- Suits all ages and experience levels, with adjustable speeds
- Wireless handheld remote control
- Tires are soft so they provide the ultimate smooth ride
- No assembly required
- Adjustable deck height
- On the more expensive side
Caroma 36″ 700W Dual Motor Electric Longboard
The Caroma 36″ electric longboard is one of the cheapest boards on this list and still does a great job. It’s double motor means it has a super powerful ride, with speeds up to 32km/h.
It comes with Bluetooth speakers so your kids can rock out while they’re riding – just plug their phone into the speakers and they’re good to go.
The Caroma electric longboard comes with a wireless handheld remote for easy control, as well as an app that lets you switch between speed and battery modes.
It’s made from bamboo and carbon fiber so it’s super durable and lightweight – perfect for kids and teens who aren’t the most careful around the house.
- Comes with Bluetooth speakers and a wireless remote
- 2 x 500W motors – super powerful ride
- Long range – up to 25km on one charge
- Lightweight & durable construction
- Made from bamboo carbon fiber
- 2 year warranty
- Speakers are a little quiet
JKING Electric Longboard with Remote Control
The JKING electric longboard is another popular choice. It has a wireless remote control, as well as an app for your smartphone (iOS and Android). It’s powerful enough to go up to 24km/h but has adjustable speeds too, so you can choose how fast it goes.
This board is very sleek with no bulky parts like other electric longboards – it even comes with a kicktail for better cornering and tricks.
The strong polycarbonate board is also waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about riding through puddles or getting caught in the rain.
- Wireless remote control as well as a smartphone app
- Mobile phone can be charged while riding
- Adjustable speeds – go as fast or slow as you like
- Waterproof and shockproof
- Slick design with a kicktail for tricks and better cornering
- Remote control’s range is very short – has to be within 10ft of the electric longboard for it to work
Hiboy S22 Electric Dual Brushless Motor Longboard
The Hiboy S22 electric longboard is very durable with a bamboo deck and an aluminum alloy frame. It’s also water-resistant so you don’t have to worry about riding through puddles or getting caught in the rain.
It has 2000W brushless motors, making it super powerful with speeds up to 32km/h.
It comes with a wireless handheld remote control, as well as an app for your smartphone (iOS and Android) which gives you access to 3 different riding modes.
The electric longboard is very sleek looking with no bulky parts – it even has a kicktail at the front for better cornering and tricks. The board itself is very solid, so it can take the weight of even larger teens.
- Sleek looking board with no bulky parts
- 3 different modes to choose from depending on your skill level
- Very sturdy and durable
- Water-resistant frame & deck
- 2000W brushless motors – super powerful ride
- Comes with a Bluetooth speaker for music on the go
- Wireless handheld controller range is short – has to be 10ft away for it to work correctly
WeSkate Electric Longboard Wireless Remote Control
This WeSkate electric longboard is perfect for beginners and kids – the max speed is only 12km/h so it’s slow enough to learn on.
As well as using a handheld remote control, you can also switch to beginner mode by using your smartphone (iOS and Android).
With wide 70mm wheels and a low deck height, this electric longboard is very stable and easy to use.
It comes with 2 powerful brushless motors which can last over 20km on one charge – the high capacity batteries are also removable so you can replace them easily when they run out of juice.
This electric longboard has all metal parts, making it super sturdy and durable. The board comes with a 2 year warranty and customer service is available to answer any questions.
- Ideal for beginner level riders
- Max speed is 12km/h, perfect for learning how to ride
- 2 powerful brushless motors – 20km per charge
- Comes with wireless remote control and a smartphone app (iOS and Android)
- Removable high capacity batteries so you can carry spares and replace them when they run out of juice
- Sturdy and durable board made of all metal parts
- 2 year warranty included
- Does not come with Bluetooth speakers or USB charging port like some other longboards
Electric longboards can be a fun way to get around town. They’re also great for kids and teens who are not old enough for an actual motorbike or car license, but still want the feeling of freedom that comes with riding on two wheels.
The Hiboy S22 electric longboard is made up of all metal parts so it’s very durable and lasts over 20km per charge. But if you need something more powerful than this 12km/h model, consider the WeSkate model which includes speeds up to 20 km/hr!