Cheap longboards are the perfect choice for someone who is new to skating or simply wants to try it out.
The best thing about these types of boards is that they are much cheaper than other, more high-end models. They also have a lower center of gravity which makes them easier to ride and balance on. This means you’re less likely to fall off your board while trying to learn!
They come in lots of different sizes so there’s sure to be one that fits you perfectly too. All in all, cheap longboards are great for beginners or those looking for something inexpensive yet still durable and reliable.
Read on to find some of the best cheap longboard options available.
Our Top Picks
Cheap Longboard Reviews
Quest QT-NSC44C The Super Cruiser
A great option for someone looking to get started in longboarding. Its low center of gravity makes it much easier to ride than your traditional skateboard, but still offers the sturdy deck and smooth wheels you need for riding with ease.
The bearings are very reliable so they are less likely to jam up while turning or when starting out on them compared to similar boards. This is one of the best cheap longboard skateboards for anyone who wants to try out or learn how to ride longboards safely and with ease.
- Great design and board quality for the price. Low center of gravity makes it very beginner friendly.
- Good bearings mean a much more reliable, efficient ride from your board.
- The battery life is good and it charges fast too.
- The grip tape on the top of the board isn’t that great and can wear down over time.
Yocaher Blank/Checker Complete Drop Down Longboard
If you’re looking for a beginner longboard that offers more than your basic deck and wheels, then the Yocaher Blank/Checker Complete Longboard is an excellent choice. The best thing about this model is that you get thirteen different colors to choose from! That’s right, thirteen!
So no matter whether you like bright and loud colors or more subtle and neutral tones, you can find an option that will look awesome. Not only do the colors look great but they also come in a matte finish which means that it is less likely to wear down over time. This is a seriously cool-looking board that offers everything new longboard riders need to get started.
- The deck and wheels are a lot thicker than most cheap longboard skateboards.
- 13 different colors mean you can find a look that works for you no matter what.
- Good starter board.
- Although the grip tape on top is good, this board doesn’t come with any grip tape at all.
Atom Pin-Tail Longboard (39-Inch)
The Atom Pin-Tail Longboard is a great board for beginners or anyone looking to try out longboarding. It has very thick wheels which are ideal if you’re just starting out as they are more durable and much less likely to get damaged when you fall off your board compared to other types of wheels.
This particular model also comes with a deck made of Canadian Maple which makes it a lot more durable and efficient. This is one of the cheapest longboards available yet it’s still packed with great features!
- Extra thick wheels are perfect for new riders who want something tough and reliable.
- Solid construction makes this a very durable board.
- Ideal board for those just starting out.
- The grip tape on top of the board can wear down after extended use.
Seething 42 Inch Longboard
Another great option if you’re looking to get started in longboarding. The Seething Longboard Skateboard is a fantastically designed model that’s built to last. It has high-quality trucks along with reverse kingpin axles which are incredibly reliable and efficient.
One of the best things about this board though is how sturdy it feels. You can lean on it very hard without worrying about it snapping. That’s how you know a board was built to take some heavy use and abuse! If you’re looking for a good cheap longboard that will get the job done then this is a great choice.
- Sturdy design means that it can take a whole lot of abuse.
- High quality components, including bearings that are very reliable and efficient.
- Easy to ride but at the same time provides good stability.
- The grip tape on top of this board isn’t great so you might need to replace it if you want optimal performance.
BOCIN 41 inch Freeride Longboard
If you’re looking for one of the best cheap longboard skateboards then it’s hard to go wrong with the BOCIN Freeride Longboard. This is an excellent board and a great choice if you want something fairly simple and straightforward.
It has very high-quality components including high-quality bearings, so this is a fantastic option if you want to go as fast as possible and really test your limits. The deck is made of very strong bamboo which means it will hold up well under a lot of wear and tear.
This particular board is 41″ so you’re getting quite a big board yet the components still manage to maintain an impressive level of quality for such a low price!
- Good, fast wheels for high speed riding.
- Has an appealing design
- Sturdy construction can take a lot of abuse over time.
- The deck is very long so may not be suitable for riders who are shorter than 6’5″.
Finding a cheap longboard that will serve you well can be difficult, but it is possible. We’ve shown you some of the best options available and have highlighted their pros and cons so that you’re able to find the right board for your needs. Whether this is going to help new riders learn how to ride or someone who just wants something reliable for commuting purposes, we think there’s an option here for everyone!